Final image to show off my game character designed for Project X.
Important: I’ve applied a basic texture to the model, but this will not be used in the final game as I am not doing the texturing for the game.
Final Feedback on group work and contribution from my behalf:
Role: Modelling/Rigging/Animating the game characters.
I’ve decided to do all my modelling in Maya, and the animating in Blender. This includes creating the basic meshes in Maya, and rigging the the characters in Blender, then finally animating them in Blender.
Overall, I thought that the process of creating a model took longer than rigging and animating.
I feel that I’ve come a long way in this project. Learning new skills along the way, and refining some skills that I already have.
Game: In the end, the game came together very well. The textures and lighting were well done. The designers and programmers also did a very good job in incorporating the assets together, networking, and bringing the game together as a whole.
Final armature and model. The model starts off my ripping his arms off, and runs around with only one arm for the rest of the game.
Help screen design for Project X.
The left arm of the character is the weapon for the game.
After the most recent play-test, here are some feedback for the models and animations:
A fair bit to do, but it seems manageable.
Animating the woman dummy. She should be able to do something while she’s idle, walk, run, jump, pickup objects, kill, die, and crouch - Same actions as the man dummy. However, I made her slightly more feminine in the way she moves. For example, swaying her hips more when she walks, and putting her hands on her hips when she’s idle.
Thinking out loud: Hairstyles for the woman dummy.
Some inspiration for my woman dummy.